[TowerTalk] another vertival

To: "TOWER" <towertalK@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: [TowerTalk] another vertival
From: "earl baillley" <earlbailley@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:07:53 -0700
HI Guys.  I've got a very old Hy Gain Hy Tower mounted per instructions at the
top of a cliff which is 150f above sea water and about 75 ft back from the high
water line. The cliff has an angle of repose about 30 degrees and was planted
with everything I could think of to prevent soil erosion and tumble of and the
disappearance of hunks of my acreage.
My initial response is to pound dozens of fence posts out and down at the 80
meter length tangent and aim the wires on around and over the plantings (they
are nothing of beauty but selected for long roots).I'll get North thru East
easily this way but the forest on the East side would require snaking wire
around tree lings and big bushes. So maybe just one of two radial wold go
easily off to the East.
The water is there too but how to grab it.

Close in I  could drape a wire screen maybe ten ft long on the East but wonder
if it would be worth it.

Our veggie garden occupies its former home and by now the radial have truly
buried themselves

I will take some lumps for clearing the base of the antenna  to prevent its use
as a trellis but that is what married bliss is all about. And she can cook!

I will not accept a hamstick as a replacement as this will be a serious rag
chew antenna. Even unreasonable responses will be appreciated

73

Earl W7TK       Hansville WA

earl baillley
earlbailley@earthlink.net