TICked off - was [TowerTalk] Ring Rotor problem

To: jz73@verizon.net
Subject: TICked off - was [TowerTalk] Ring Rotor problem
From: dennis o'connor <k8do@mailblocks.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 07:24:36 -0700
Welcome to the wonderful world of TICed off owners... The ten turn potientiometer is probably jammed/stripped/broken/shorted/open (most likely has gone open on one side of the wiper) - however it could be a control cable wire so go up and look... But, having been up the tower a hundred times trying to keep an original model 1022 working, I am an expert at the assembly and disassembly of the motor unit.... Lot's of interesting new experiences in store for you...

Likely you need to bring the motor box down to the shack and measure the pot and the switches... A couple of years back I authored a long diatribe on how to measure the pot, etc., and generally trouble shoot the motor/control box with jumpers, and an extra pot, yadda, yadda.. I probably can't find that document now, but a search here or on the web should bring it up... As far as mine, the rotor is retired after it lost direction during a contest and the op didn't understand the unit so he leaned on the manual button and it continued around until it ripped the hairpin and balun off the beam and then bent an element, doing several hundred dollars worth of damage...

Denny

Mailblocks - A Better Way to Do Email
http://about.mailblocks.com/info