[TowerTalk] BPL interference

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] BPL interference
From: "Rick Bullon" <kc5ajx@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 03:51:40 +0000
Hello All
I know that the BPL issue has been beat to death and I don't to upset any of you that is feed up with the last few threads on the subject but, I just read the latest ARRL Bulletin. There is a quote in there from the FCC that really surprised me!

"In addition, because power lines inherently can radiate significant noise emissions as noted by NTIA and ARRL, good engineering practice is to locate sensitive receiver antennas as far as practicable from power lines," the FCC said.

In a footnote, the FCC admonished ARRL that in cases where its
members experience RF noise, "such noise can often be avoided by
carefully locating their antennas; in many instances an antenna
relocation of only a relatively short distance can resolve noise
interference."

So according to the above statement if we expirence interference from BPL we are suppose to move our antennas!!! I don't know about any one else but I will be damn if they want be to move my 70'tower because of BPL!!!

This is going to affect most of you in the cities more than me. BPL is suppose to bring high speed internet to the rural areas like mine yea sure when pigs fly, I'll never see BPL here where it is suppose to be but those of you in the cities better start looking for a new place for their antennas because it seems the FCC is going to back pedal on BPL interface complaints
73
Rick
KC5AJX