Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Half-Square or ?? For 80m

To: ve7avv@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Half-Square or ?? For 80m
From: j4976@juno.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:39:02 -0500
I'm not an antenna expert, but it seems that if you have that much space
and that much height, maybe you should explore some kind of curtain
antenna.  I have seen a number of different types.  Maybe you could even
design one that you could change radiating patterns on switching between
broadside and end fire by switching between 2 feedpoint locations.

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:20:00 -0700 "Paul B. Peters, VE7AVV"
<ve7avv@shaw.ca> writes:
> One detail I omitted in my recent post was the fact that I want this
> new
> antenna specifically for 75m/80m (resonant at 3.795). I already have
> two
> dipoles for this band and a requirement of this new antenna will be
> hopefully achieve some gain over these existing dipoles that are at
> 110'. I
> don't want all band or multi-band performance from this new antenna
> - I have
> antennas for all  other bands. My real interest is in hopefully
> improving my
> performance on 75/80m. This far north on the west coast, we need all
> the
> help we can get our of our antenna systems given our short path is a
> polar
> path and long path is truly long.
>
> Another issue I would ask you to keep in mind when making
> suggestions as to
> antenna type is the fact the distance from the shack to this new
> antenna
> location is 400 feet.
>
> 73 de Paul, VE7AVV
> StoneyGround Station
> "All email from this address is checked by Norton AntiVirus 2003"

Now includes pop-up blocker!