[TowerTalk] Remote coax switch recommendation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Remote coax switch recommendation
From: kelly@thejohnsons.ws
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:50:07 -0800
I'm in the market for a remote coax switch (because I broke my Ameritron
RCS-8V).  My requirements are:
1) Must support at least 3 antenna ports
2) Must support frequencies from 160m through 6m (at least)

My "nice-to-haves" are:
1) No control cable required
2) Supports frequencies through 450MHz (or higher)
3) Solid and sturdy
4) Moderately priced

The RCS-4 looked perfect for my situation (no control cable) until I
read that it only supports frequencies up through 30MHz.  Another RCS-8V
would work, but I'd love to eliminate the control cable.  Most other
brands seem rather expensive and don't seem to add much.  Sure, they're
probably more heavy duty but I've never had any reliability problems
with my RCS-8V.

My ideal switch would be one that is controlled via a wireless
connection and support frequencies up through at least 450MHz.

Heck, if I was making out my "wish list" I'd say that I would love
to eliminate my coax switch control cable, my rotor control cable, AND
my SteppIR control cable and have all three of them controlled via
a wireless link.  OK, time to wake up now :-)

Any suggestions?