[TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM-520 Yagi

To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft XM-520 Yagi
From: "DF3KV" <df3kv@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:28:40 +0100
Hi all,

During the contest at DF0CG last weekend we had some trouble when that
beam was used while 160m was transmitting (9+ interference).
The other 20m antenna was not influenced.
The beam was direct fed through a choke balun and installed just
before the contest.
When reading the manual afterwards, Cushcrafts writes about a
"matching network" partno MNXM,  not a balun.
That lets me think that the feedpoint might be different value then 50
ohms since that logcell looks similar to that on my KLM beams which is
200 ohms driving impedance.
Any advice on the feed impedance or possible problem?

73
Peter