[TowerTalk] Star guy bracket for Rohn 45G

To: CQ-Contest Post <cq-contest@contesting.com>,TowerTalk Post <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Star guy bracket for Rohn 45G
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:29:35 -0500
With the installation of a new 40m antenna here, I've been planning to beef up
the strength of my tower. The plan is to add double or "star" guying at one or
more guy levels on the tower.

Rohn sells a special guy bracket for this purpose called the TA45. This bracket
is a single piece and is very challenging to install after the tower has been
assembled and antennas are in place. It costs about $225. For 55G and larger,
Rohn makes a bracket [TA55] that can be retrofitted after the tower is up and
loaded. Unfortunately, no such bracket is available for 45G.

I have located a vendor who will build the perfect bracket for 45G. Naturally,
the cost comes down if these are purchased in greater volume. It turns out that
more can be delivered faster, too, because the minimum order for galvanizing
can be met sooner.

The price for three or more of these is $280 each plus shipping. Anybody
interested in beefing up your 45G tower before the winter weather hits us?

I have a drawing of what the device will look like, if you are interested.
Please let me know right away if you are interested so I can place the largest
possible order.

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at designet.com