[TowerTalk] SteppIR Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR Yagi
From: jimjarvis@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 13:33:31 +0000
TT'ers:

It's amazing to me, how folks who never owned one of these have strong opinions
about how their support is critical.

FACT:   I owned a 3 el.   It went together and up in under 2 hours.  Worked
fine through VT winter.   Never had a problem.   Wouldn't have another yagi.
Communications with the firm was prompt and helpful, when needed.   Around
Dayton and Visalia time, the Mertel's are at the show, so things can be slow
then, but otherwise most helpful.

FACT:   The design itself is quite simple.   And, it's efficient.

FACT:   Fixed element positions WILL compromise the f/b somewhat, somewhere.
If that compromise is on 10m....so what?   Propagation generally provides the
f/b on the upper bands...it's fwd gain you need.

I won't waste bandwidth skewering Force 12.   They've fallen on their own
sword,  which apparently was assembled with pop-rivets and is just a tad wobbly
now.

N2EA