Re: [TowerTalk] Polishing a plastic meter face to remove scratches?

To: "Rick Stoneking" <w2rds@arrl.net>,"TowerTalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Polishing a plastic meter face to remove scratches?
From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:52:24 -0500
Richard - you can buy polishing kits made for plastic - think the brand was Novis or Novus. For several years I've used Mothers brand "Mag and Aluminum Polish", available from Advance Auto Parts stores in our area. It's a white paste that does an amazing job on meter faces and other shiny plastic parts. You can also use it to restore the sheen to small metal parts, such as screw heads. I find that a back and forth linear polishing motion works much better than a circular motion and doesn't leave noticeable marks. I strongly advise you to resist the urge to use any sort of power equipment when doing this job. The surface may heat up too much and permanently damage the plastic.

K8AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Stoneking" <w2rds@arrl.net>