Re: [TowerTalk] RE: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 23, Issue 52

To: <keith@dutson.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 23, Issue 52
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:36:02 -0800
I saw a documentary recently on the Grand Coulee Dam in Eastern
Washington. When they built it, they were pouring concrete 24/7 with
13 ton hoppers for something like a year to get the dam finished.
Because the hydration reaction is exothermic, they had to run cooling
water pipes through the concrete to speed up the curing, otherwise
it would have taken hundreds of years to get the structure up to its
desired strength.  Pretty amazing!

P.S. If your tower base needs cooling pipes, your antenna is too big :)