Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI Receiving loop question

To: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>,k0ekl@arl.net, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K6STI Receiving loop question
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:11:35 -0500
On the other hand, if it is a receiving antenna, do you care? The additional loss in the feedline due to SWR *may* be trivial in this application.

73, Pete N4ZR

At 02:51 PM 11/18/2004, Joe - WDØM wrote:

Hi Dave,

Perhaps the easiest way (if you have an antenna analyzer or access to one) is to check the impedance at the antenna using an antenna analyzer. That will tell you which way to go in modifying the turns ratio. I just put a beverage antenna together, and the analyzer was very helpful in assembling the transformer. I used my Autek analyzer - and it's probably the best investment I've made to be sure every watt I own gets to the antenna and then on to the other guy's radio. ;-)

73,
Joe
WDØM