[TowerTalk] Ring Rotor motor disassembly?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ring Rotor motor disassembly?
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:01:39 -0500
Following some tips here on the reflector a few weeks back, I finally climbed
the tower today to verify that the pot in my motor is open on one side.

Now I have the motor on the bench so I can get the pot out to order a new one,
but I'm having trouble disassembling the motor to access the pot.

After removing both end plates, and the snap-on screens over the gears, I
loosened the three bolts near the gears -- two of these can be removed
completely but one is blocked by the gears and only comes part way out.

It seems like the motor and pot assembly should now slide out - but something
is preventing it from doing so.

Must I remove the gears to get the third bolt completely out, or is there some
other trick here?

This is a Tic Ring Model 1022, mfg. in 1994. The manual has no info on this
disassembly.

73/Jon AA1K