[TowerTalk] Rohn 65G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 65G
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:44:18 -0500
I just picked up a 300 ft Rohn 65G tower. Anyone on this
reflector had any experience installing this stuff?

I'm thinking of either hiring a tall crane (I'll bet that is
big bucks!) or using 30 feet of Rohn 25G with some homebrew
clamps as an erection fixture.

If I attach to the 65G tower near the top, is it pretty easy
to manhandle into alignment?  Is it a mistake to fool with
65 instead of just using 55? I'm looking at it and thinking
it will be a lot of work.

I thought if I put up the 65 it would outlast me regardless
of what antennas I put on it.

73 Tom