Re: [TowerTalk] Why did my Tailtwister stop turning?

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why did my Tailtwister stop turning?
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:15:48 -0700
From: "Paul Playford" <w8aef@worldnet.att.net>
To: <w2up@mindspring.com>; <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 1:46 PM
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Why did my Tailtwister stop
turning?

> My experience indicates you have a sticking brake
wedge.

If it is a sticking brake wedge, you won't hear the
usual "clank" noise when you stand at the bottom of the
tower and the brake switch is depressed. You will just
hear a fairly loud hum. This is a good way to confirm
this diagnosis the next time the problem occurs. Just
have someone else depress the brake switch while you
are outside listening.

On the capacitor value, it is not critical. The value
Barry mentioned was close enough to work.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ