[TowerTalk] Uneven Radials

To: "(Reflector) TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Uneven Radials
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:50:03 -0500
Gentlemen:

For a 40M 1/4 wave vertical at one end of my back yard, I have room for radials on the surface to run out 60' to the west, 30' to the east, 25' to the north, and only10' to the south. I'm in eastern PA, and the earth here has pretty good conductivity.

(1) Should I expect any directional consequences? I would think so, but in what directions?

(2) I had planned on 60 radials evenly spaced. Would it help to have extra radials in the directions with the shortest runs?

(3) How would the answers be different for 80M? 160M?

73, Jerry K3BZ