RE: [TowerTalk] elevated short vertical dipole orquarterwave monopole?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] elevated short vertical dipole orquarterwave monopole?
From: "Juan M. Chazarra EA5RS" <ea5rs@ono.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:07:04 +0100
I have a Cushcraft X-7 which is not a pure LPDA but uses a log cell.
It is fed thru a 4:1 balun and I route the coax along and taped over the
boom (the tx line is below the boom).

Except on 10m where I do have some unknown problem (F/B is very very
poor), I think I have no current on the outer shield of the coax. I
think this is the case as pattern is very clean and I measured >35 dB
dip off the ends of the antenna compared to front.

73 Juan EA5RS