RE: [TowerTalk] elevated short vertical dipole orquarterwave monopole?

To: keith@dutson.net, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] elevated short vertical dipole orquarterwave monopole?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:44:51 -0800
You don't understand.. the 1000 foot tower (300 meters, actually) is to hold up my HDTV over the air antenna so I can receive signals from Mt. Wilson (some 20 mi to the East). There just happens to be a hill in the way that I have to look over.

I'm just glad that I can get dual use from the tower. Just slide that 200 foot vertical dipole on the top next to the HDTV panel.

It's an OTARD, after all...
<grin>