RE: [TowerTalk] 20M Yagi

To: "Michael Harris" <mike.harris@horizon.co.fk>,"Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] 20M Yagi
From: "daniel hearn" <dhearn@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:20:49 -0800
Mike. I think there are a couple of simpler solutions if you use a split
driven element. I matched a 3 el 10m beam as follows:
Two pieces of 75 ohm coax in parallel used as a quarter wave transformer
will give you a good match. Furthermore, these 2 coaxes can be wound around
a cylindrical piece of pvc to make a choke so you get dual use of the
matching section. We used this little beam at 131 ft plus a 4BA at 50 ft in
the 10m contest to win the NW division a couple of years ago.
If you don't want to do this, buy or build a ferrite core xfmr to do the
job.
73, Dan, N5AR