[TowerTalk] Re Painting rusty tower

To: "Tower (Tower)" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re Painting rusty tower
From: "Jack Schuster" <w1wef@intergate.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:13:52 -0500
I painted my 108 ft Rohn 25 this year. Most sections had little or no signs of
rust. The most rusty was as sound as it was when it was new. As I recall, a
little steel wool removed the surface rust, and I painted it with a commercial
grade Rustoleum aluminum colored paint, using a painting mitt. Both  available
at Home Depot. Good idea to wear a rubber glove under the mitt...the longer it
goes up your arm the better. The mitt makes it a real fast job. I brought the
paint up the tower in a gallon bucket... The whole tower took only a quart of
the paint.   Happy Holidays...JACK W1WEF