[TowerTalk] KFI Tower in Los Angeles Collapses...

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] KFI Tower in Los Angeles Collapses...
From: Dino Darling <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:27:07 -0800
I've left messages out here about being able to work on the KFI tower in a limited capacity. Today a light aircraft hit the tower or one of the guy cables bringing the 750' tower to the ground. Both passengers in the plane were killed. Its reported that they were inbound from El Monte when they hit the structure. Nobody on the ground was hurt. I witnessed one building being damaged and I'm told that there is a hole in a roof of another building. I'll be going back there this afternoon and will keep the group posted on what is discovered. When I left there this morning, they still had not removed the bodies and the next of kin had arrived. KFI is on the air at 22.5KW on their 250' back up tower.

Dino...k6rix@earthlink.net