[TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000DXA Problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000DXA Problem
From: <baldwinz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:47:15 -0500
Hello,

I've got a Yaesu G1000DXA rotor that's been up on my 55 tower turning a F12
C31XR for about 3 years.  I had a lightning strike about 2 years ago that
destroyed my control box but didn't seem to affect the rotor.  But recently I
have developed an annoying problem.

The direction indicator on the control box will not sync up with the rotor.
The rotor still points south at the far CCW stop and points west at the far CW
stop.  But for some reason the control box seems ot be 20 to 30 degrees out of
sync and it can not be adjusted to account for this difference.

Has anyone ran into this before or can someone offer advice on how to resolve
it?

Thanks & 73s,
W4TDX