Re: [TowerTalk] Cold question from the white South

To: "James C. Hall, M.D." <nwtcc@earthlink.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cold question from the white South
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:31:47 -0600
Cold and white here in North Texas as well.

Funny you should mention the cold and N connectors.
I just replaced the coax for the 2m SSB beam,
from LMR-400 to -600, and used an N near
the top of the tower to connect to the rotor loop.

Used 2m SSB this morning, and after a bit, Poof,
the SWR went sky-high, intermittently.  Too cold
to climb, but I'm about 90% certain that is where
the problem will lie -- probably not the N (EZ-600-)
on the LMR-600 end, but the N male on the 400-sized
flex rotor loop.  I suspect I didn't do an adequate job
of installing it (my first shot at putting on a connector while
ON the tower).  Oh well...

--
Dave NØRQ

----- Original Message ----- From: "James C. Hall, M.D." <nwtcc@earthlink.net>