Re: [TowerTalk] Ice Storm Damage

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ice Storm Damage
From: Randy <randy@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:37:54 -0500
Chuck Lewis wrote:

My agent will tell me whether it's
in my best interest to submit or not. Yours might, too. I don't see a
downside in asking -- you can always just decline to submit if it looks like
it will cause your rates to go up. Or if he acts cagey you just might have
to roll the dice.

73, Chuck, N4NM

Just "hearsay", but I had a customer (nothing at all to do with towers, etc.) who called her insurance company regarding a claim, didn't like the answers she got off-hand and demanded to get higher up the food-chain for answers, and was told that doing so *would* be a black mark against her... of course, that's here in FL, where insurance companies are used to flogging us. They'll cancel you at the drop of a hat here. They summarily cancelled my policy on the Monday the 16th following our recent Friday the 13th hurricane, on a house I'd owned only a few months, with the policy paid-in-full for a year, and no claims. The Insurance Commisioner spanked 'em for that, but it gives you an idea of how it sometimes goes here.
FWIW that was Tower Hill Insurance.

Randy
KZ4RV
ex-N4MBL