Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating Dipole

To: Dick <dmcnutt@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotating Dipole
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:06:44 -0500
Dick
How about using some solid fiberglass rod for the coil forms? You should be able to find it in diameters from 1/2" up to almost 2" if you search hard and long.
I'd use center-loading as opposed to linear-loading .. you can 'link-couple' to the driven element, eliminating some feedpoint problems.
Don
N8DE

Dick wrote:
I am in the process of putting up a full size rotating dipole for 40 meters..
I plan to later shorten it to a loaded 40 foot dipole...the ultimate goal is to contruct a 2 element beam on 40...I need a source of loading coil core
forms that are about one inch diameter. Also trying to decide if loading the elements or center loading the driven element woud be more efficient..