RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Rotor for TX-455

To: "'Al Williams'" <alwilliams@olywa.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Rotor for TX-455
From: "James C. Hall, M.D." <nwtcc@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:38:35 -0600
Yep, that's exactly what was happening with me. When I cranked it down and
looked things over, I found that the connector had significant corrosion
from water infiltration. Instead of replacing the fancy connector, I asked
the list their recommendations. One gent stated he had similar problems, and
instead of soldering connectors on the tower, merely used color-to-color
wire connection with wire nuts. A 10 minute procedure that has lasted >2
years so far.

Also, I have learned to let the computer do the turning - mode 19. I don't
do manual turning because, for some reason, it introduces error in where you
are actually pointing. I have had to recalibrate rarely when I let my
computer program do it.

73, Jamie
WB4YDL