Re: [TowerTalk] unguyed heights for Rohn 65 etc.?

To: 'towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] unguyed heights for Rohn 65 etc.?
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 06:54:41 +0100
Dont you guys ever do calculations on things like this?
A little bit of mathematics will figure all this out,
also I´m pritty sure there would be computer software
that can do stress calculations on towers depending
on how much load you put on them etc etc.
Used to do this when I was in the university, however
it was 30 years ago and darn it if I can remember how
to any more, should be able to study up on it I guess.
However these days I guess you do it in computers and
not by hand and brain.

73 Jim SM2EKM

RICHARD BOYD wrote:
Okay, it looks, then, as if Rohn 65 would do the job at 50' but wouldn't be enough at 60' -- unguyed. I would guess that Rohn 80 would have a little more capability, being huskier.

Even putting one guy set on the tower should greatly increase its capability -- I'll have to think about the aesthetic and footprint tradeoffs versus the other options.

73 - Rich, Ke3Q

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>