[TowerTalk] OT: Handhelds needed in Aceh, Indonesia

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] OT: Handhelds needed in Aceh, Indonesia
From: Jeremy Parr <jeremyparr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:29:11 +0700
Hey guys. I hate off topic and spam posts more than the next guy, but
this one is pretty darned important. We are on the ground in Aceh
Province, Indonesia trying to restore communications in the region. We
have three VSATs operational in Banda Aceh, providing wireless
internet at a few hotspots. This gives the relif workers a place to
get back in touch with family at home, send back pictures, and allows
them to fell more in touch and stay here in Aceh longer.

We are also looking at providing voice comms to the local Red Cross
field offices with two meter handy talkies. Please take a look at this
post, and let us know if you can help.

http://jeremyparr.blogspot.com/2005/01/calling-all-amateur-radio-operators.html