[TowerTalk] Radian/Rohn availability

To: "'TowerTalk Post'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radian/Rohn availability
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:55:25 -0800
Hey folks,

Anyone had any VERY recent experience with the 'new Rohn' and their
ability to produce product?

I have a customer who wanted a 100' self supporting tower for 2 - 2.4Ghz
reflectors.  During the pricing and submittal stage, Rohn's ability to
deliver was in question so we provided specs for a Trylon TSF which was
available.  Now that they accepted it and are ready to pour, the
customer heard Rohn was back in business and wants the original Rohn
tower.

Why?  They have been led to believe that there is a 'twist' factor to be
considered, and they believe that these larger sections of Rohn Tower
(6N,7N,8N,9NH,10NH) will provide very little twist.  Of course, it
should be sturdy, but I have a hard time buying into the fact that these
2.4Ghz antennas with a 3 degree beam width are enough wind load to cause
this thing to twist, nor do I think the path is going to care if the
tower twists a small amount in the wind.  However, they had a better
salesman :)

Anyway, anyone dealt with the new Rohn and delivery?

Daron J. Wilson, RCDD          ) )
Telecom Manager               ( (
LH Morris Electric, Inc.       ) )
(541) 265-8067 office       _|****|  mmm!
(541) 265-7652 fax         ( |    |  coffee!
(541) 270-5886 cellular     \|    |
daron.wilson@lhmorris.com    |____|