Re: [TowerTalk] R8 vs 6BTV, etc.

To: kd4e@verizon.net, towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] R8 vs 6BTV, etc.
From: Charlie <ad5th@direcway.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:18:38 -0600
Once the tuning is done the benefit of the tilt-over is during high wind advisories and for any possible repairs and periodic inspections. Also if I want to add another trap for 6-BTV I can do so easily as a one-man antenna crew. The tilt-over was a whopping $39 investment and well worth it IMHO even if just for the iterations of tuning each band. I meant to mention that the construction of the 5-BTV is outstanding. Thick wall aircraft grade aluminum tubing and stainless hardware throughout.

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com
Live Blues Music