Re: [TowerTalk] Roller bearings, Pins, Tower ID

To: aa6eg@hotmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roller bearings, Pins, Tower ID
From: KJ6Y@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:56:59 EST
Pat,
Tower looks like a Tri-Ex HZN-354. Weighs about 750 lbs. Top section is 14
7/8" wide outside demension.  40:1 gearbox motor drive for cranking up and
down.
 Early versions were not galvanized but epoxy painted. Later versions were
galvanized. I've refurbished many of these over the years, in fact have one for
sale in my yard right now.
You might check with Karl Tashjian at Tasjhjian Towers.  He may be able to
provide the rollers and pins.  There were two different sizes they used on
various towers.  I've seen 71 ft and 88 ft versions.
Hope this helps.

Skip, KJ6Y
Communications Service Co
818-887-3569