Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER GROUND

To: "MIKE GREENWAY" <K4PI@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TOWER GROUND
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:32:48 -0500

On Jan 31, 2005, at 9:12 AM, MIKE GREENWAY wrote:

I have read here before on the reaction of putting copper to galvanized
metal causes a bad reaction. There were suggestions of putting stainless
steel sheets between the galvanized leg and copper. Are there any fixtures
that bolt to galvanized legs that have little reaction and allow the copper
ground wire to be connected to the fixture?

Mike,

I used stainless steel hose clamps and a little 1" square of stainless steel. The square goes between the copper and the tower leg. Tighten it down and you're done.

Cheap and effective.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901