[TowerTalk] coax condoms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax condoms
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:00:20 -0500
I messaged Jim separately with PART of this...
Two thoughts:

1) Cushcraft provides pl259 covers with all of their
antennas.  Call 'em up and buy a bunch.  Perfectly adequate
for non-permanent installations.  If not immersed, reasonably
adequate for most amateur installations.

2) "Pug Duct Seal" from Milwaukee Electric.  It's what electricians
use to seal around AC service entrances, where they enter the
building.  Workable.  Removable. Tolerates temp. swings. WX proof.
        $ 2.00 per lb.

I have used both.  The CC covers seem perfect for the quick and
dirty work proposed.

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org