Re: [TowerTalk] RADIAL WIRE

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <TOWERTALK@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RADIAL WIRE
From: "MIKE GREENWAY" <K4PI@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:26:50 -0000
Jim,  It was aluminum fencing wire.  It was around 14 guage but other than
that I don't know much about the makeup of the wire.  On the subject of
aluminum oxidizing , we had a Gap Challenger that was put up new in Aruba
using the supplied hardware.  In 2 years the aluminum started turning to
white oxide powder where the screws go through the tubing.  The holes for
the screws go so big and the area around them got so brittle it had to be
taken down  73 Mike K4PI
.