Re: [TowerTalk] RF Inquiry HI-Q Filter CF5KV

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RF Inquiry HI-Q Filter CF5KV
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:50:02 -0800
Cable Xperts advertises that they will build custom coax jumpers
to order. It wouldn't surprise me if you could arrange to send them
the beads and let them do the assembly. Might be a good thing
for a group buy. You can also just buy a pre-made RG-8X jumper
and wrap several turns around an FT-240-77 core if you need a
good common-mode choke for the lower HF bands (2 cores
in series with 6 turns each will give about 1100 ohms common-
mode impedance on 160 meters and 900 ohms on 80 meters).
You can easily get 5 or 6 turns through the core even with PL-259's
installed. Cost would be about $15.00 for the jumper and $10 for
the 2 cores.  If you need better suppression towards the middle of
the HF range, you can substitute FT-240-43 cores in place of the
-77 ones. The 43 cores will give an impedance peak around
12 MHz.

73 de Mike,