Re: [TowerTalk] foldover antenna bracket design

To: <jimjarvis@ieee.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] foldover antenna bracket design
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:29:19 -0800
Marty Woll (N6VI) made a bunch of brackets that do this, as well (for all I
know, the same basic design).  It's basically a hinge with a removable pin.
Here are some pictures of the widget in use at the JPL/CalTech Field day
All the FD pictures (look down a ways)
http://www.luxfamily.com/events/fd2004/    (search for "hinge detail")

http://www.luxfamily.com/events/fd2004/images/P6250057.JPG is the full res
image

http://www.luxfamily.com/events/fd2004/images/P6250057x.JPG (should be a
smaller version)

There's also some photos of the same kind of hinge on the GOTA station's
tower and showing it keeping the beam flat as the tower is tilted up.