[TowerTalk] phased amps...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] phased amps...
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:48:20 -0500
Some of you may recall my posts on this topic a few years
back, when I was considering driving two LPDA's with separate
amps.

The notion of controlling phasing at low levels in intriguing.
But in order to do it, you need to sample current in all of
the vertical elements...which will require a phase sensitive
measurement system, along with the low level phase adjustment.

AND, as someone pointed out, it wouldn't work at RX.

MUCH simpler and cheaper and rx/tx enabled, to control the
array phasing with phasing lines.

Anybody want to revisit the tilted, stacked LPDA thread again?
There's an easy BIP-BOP with .5 lambda spacing solution!

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org