Re: [TowerTalk] Planning new QTH - getting cables into the shack

To: Chuck Chandler <chchandler@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Planning new QTH - getting cables into the shack
From: Tom Anderson <WW5L@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:43:18 -0600
Chuck:

I'm not sure if a company called "Lambda-Vector" is still in business or
not since I haven't seen their ads in CQ or QST in some time.  They made
a window feed through that I use in a standard size storm window.  For
the installation I cut a piece of wood to fit the window and completely
finished it with outdoor spar varnish for the elements.  In the center I
cut out a large rectangular hole for the metal Lambda-Vector feed
through which has several holes for wood screws for attachment.  It has
eight grommeted feed throughs and I've plugged the unused holes with
rubber stoppers on both sides.  The feed through also has a single screw
for grounding.  For security, besides three dogs in the back yard, I've
got a metal bar diagonal in the window jamb to keep the window from
opening.  Also to get to the window, an intruder would have to fight
through a bunch of vines, etc. my XYL planted underneath the window,
where the bottom of the window is maybe 18 inches off the ground.

The Lambda-Vector feed through means I didn't have to cut holes
anywhere, except in the wood piece installed in the window.  Also, the
feed through came painted black, but I repainted mine brown to blend in
with the vegetation in the long flower bed under the window.  Also have
my ground rods spaced throughout the flower bed and a sprinkler system
keeps the ground moist enough.

Tom, WW5L