[TowerTalk] one iron

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] one iron
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@worldpath.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 09:57:46 -0500
>One thing I noticed in Florida has been that the amount of
>lightning mitigation devices is or was growing. At first
>some of the places I saw had only porcupines. Now they
>actually have additional tall supports with umbrellas on
>top. Next I expect to see fake golfers on top of poles with
>clubs raised.

Will it be a one iron?  I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

re the "auto-matic" tuners, we did some investigation at Ham Radio Magazine
and I saw the x-rays. Tom is right, they were nothing but big resistors
potted in epoxy.

one noted ham author when confronted with the facts stated "well, they do
take power and present a 50 ohm resistive load................"

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE
PO  BOX 209
RINDGE NH 03461