Re: [TowerTalk] Toroid Core Material Selection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Toroid Core Material Selection
From: N6CW@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:22:59 EST
Hi all,

I am always interested in toroid comments. I have been successfully cleaning
up a lot of my long-standing RFI problems with them. My question. Ignoring the
economics, as I have both types available, what would be the results of
stacking one each of type 43 and 77 toroids? Would this make a toroid with the
combined bandwidth of both and the combined choking impedance of both? And
would
this result be the same with the same two toroids in series? Type 31 material
seems like the ultimate weapon but doesn't seem to be readily available yet.

Terry Baxter/N6CW

In a message dated 3/21/05 10:53:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,