[TowerTalk] Aluminum grading

To: "Towertalk submit" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum grading
From: "Tom Hellem" <tomhellem@czo.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:11:42 -0600
Hi All:
My local scrapyard has several pieces of 6105-T6, 12' long,  1.9" dia. with
a .109 wall thickness. Was thinking about using it for a boom for a 6 meter
beam. Can't seem to find any tables on the web that explain the specs for
each grade of aluminum, i.e. yield strength, etc., so can compare the
different grades to the ones commonly used by beam manufacturers such as
6061-T6. Can anyone point me to such an animal, or tell me if my boom is
going to hold up or fold up?

Thanks
Tom K0SN
Porterfield, WI