[TowerTalk] Tower in the woods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower in the woods
From: "K3GM" <k3gm_qrp@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 19:06:49 -0400
I'm considering erecting 50-70 foot tower on the land behind my house.  I
presently have another located in the only clear spot that conforms to the
town's zoning law regarding amateur towers. "The tower must fall completely
within the owner's property."  The location I'm considering is some distance
from the house, and is deep in the woods.  I plan to clear an appropriate
radius about the tower to permit antenna rotation only.  Given this situation,
would a freestanding tower be preferred over guyed?  And another question.  The
location would be about 300' off the road. and I would say absolutely
inaccessible to a concrete delivery truck.  Would you all say it's insanity to
wheelbarrow the 3 or 4 yards of concrete for a free standing base?  If I could
get a loader back there with the materials, could 3 or 4 yards be mixed on site
with a rented mixer?
tnx es 7 3, Tom Hybiske - K3GM