Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 10m/15m/20m monobanders -- single mast.

To: n8de@thepoint.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 10m/15m/20m monobanders -- single mast.
From: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:39:50 -0400
I have always been curious why someone would invert the stack. It seems
that the mechanical disadvantage of the larger antenna on top of the
mast would be more of a problem than any advantage. There is really no
height advantage as you are usually only talking about a few feet one
way or the other out of say 100 feet or so tower height.

Is there any advantage as far as higher vertical radiation angles go
either way?

Why invert?

73
Gary  K4FMX