Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn guying for 40 ft tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn guying for 40 ft tower
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:53:42 -0500
My experience with 25G tells me you should definitely guy the tower.  If it
were me, I would use elevated guy posts at 5 feet and run guys to the tower
at 30 feet.  You can get by with 60 percent distance from base of tower, or
18 feet.  With elevated guy posts, the base of each post will be at about 16
feet from the base of the tower.  Do you have this much room?  With this
configuration I would feel safe going to 50 feet.

Keith NM5G