Re: [TowerTalk] Tower vs. Mother Nature

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower vs. Mother Nature
From: kb9cry@comcast.net (Phil Camera)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:55:35 +0000
> The following May, we were hit with 100MPH straight-line winds which
> actually blew some rail cars off the tracks in this area!

Seems to be fellas that this most likely wasn't a failure of the tower but more
like Mother Nature doing her thing.  Maybe if the guy wires were installed
differently maybe nothing would have happened but then again, more than likely,
something else would have been damaged.  The system described most likely
wouldn't have been rated much above the normal 70 mph design factors.  Phil
KB9CRY (who has a HBDX56 footer up but with only an 8 ft boom F12 WARC beam on
top.)