Re: [TowerTalk] RE :Mosley TA34XL

To: chief@thechief.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE :Mosley TA34XL
From: Gary <gaschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 21:27:50 -0400
On my TA33 the tell you to put a strap from one side of the driven
element to the boom. Connect the shield of the coax there. The center of
the coax to the other side of the driven element. I tried it that way
and found a very wide swr bandwidth. It actually had two dips. One a few
hundred kc below the band and the other near the higher end of each band.

I asked Mosley about why I was seeing that and got no answer other than
"send us all the measurements". Never did get an answer.

I took the strap off and put a coax balun on. Now I get a very clean
single dip in swr and less bandwidth but about what you would expect to
see rather than the extreme that they advertise.

73
Gary  K4FMX

http://www.mosley-electronics.com/faq.htm#baluns