Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a Glen Martin Roof Tower

To: "'Kelly Johnson'" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a Glen Martin Roof Tower
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:35:01 -0400

The 9' tower is by far the better choice.  I have the 9' tower and it is
quite strong although I do have guys cut that clip on to it and into eyes
I've installed in the walls of my roof (Flat roof on the 3rd floor) when the
hurricanes are lurking off shore.

After you put a mast in into the 17' footer, that's a lot of moment at the
base.  If I remember right the 9' has about twice the wind loading factor of
the 17' or maybe even more.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"