[TowerTalk] SWR

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SWR
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:23:30 -0500
 Well I am far from a troll.  But there are a couple of things I have learned
along the way.  Do not ask, what are the best tires for your motorcycle on the
motorcycle group.  Do not ask what oil is the best for your vehicle on any
vehicle group.  AND do not ask anyone on a ham group to agree that you are
pissing off time and energy to make an antenna better than 2 to 1 because the
station at the other end will not see any difference between the two.  It takes
a 3db difference to cause a perceptible difference to the subjective receiver
on the other end.  I am still working the math at this point and will post to
that formulae soon.
Thanks for the bandwidth here.