[TowerTalk] Grading a ground radial system

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Grading a ground radial system
From: Dinsterdog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 11:04:28 EDT
I'm trying to figure out how well my radial system is performing with test
down at antenna feed point:

Radials detached:

Resonant point w/ 1.6 SWR,  80 ohms impedance,  40Khz  bandwidth at 2:1 SWR
bell curve

With Radials attached:

85Khz drop in resonant point now with 1.4 SWR, 42 ohm impedance,   56 Khz
bandwidth at 2:1 SWR bell curve.

With radials, big drop in resonant point, impedance drops at antenna, and
slightly wider bandwidth at 2:1 SWR bell curve.  So how is my radial  system
doing?

73

Paul   N0AH