Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower foundations
From: "Tom Martin" <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:10:34 -0500
Laurent

That's a huge base for a 36 foot tower!  Of course, it all depends what is
installed at the top.  My 72 foot self supporting tower, with 3 monobanders,
has a 4X4X8 foot base.  The cage has 6 J-bolts that go down five feet and
attach to the cage.  The bolts extend 6 inches above the base and the tower
is attached to two bolts and a bracket for each leg.

In my opinion, you are spending a lot of money on concrete that you don't
need.

Of course this is coming from a guy, who in the past at three different
locations, had three towers attached to the house about 10 feet from the
shack.  Never one problem with coupling, or RF.

Tom,

 W8JWN/V31TR