Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup Tubular Tower Info

To: <k2xx@swva.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crankup Tubular Tower Info
From: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list1@towncorp.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 12:58:50 -0400
I had a friend who used a crank-up that was made from a square tube and a
round one.  On the top corner of the square one was a pulley over which a
piece of air-craft cable was run.  The cable was connected to the bottom of
the round pipe so that when he cranked the cable in, he lifted the round
center pipe.  The square corner allowed for the room needed for the cable to
pass between the two pipes.

The one I saw was only two sections and tilted over, but I have seen from a
distance the round ones with more than two sections and wondered that
myself.

Buck